Wheat Kulcha Recipe
How are you all doing? Keeping Safe & Healthy in this Covid-19 Era I hope. It’s been a month but actually feels like an Era to me & I am sure to all of you too. But ” This too shall pass ” as every good or bad in life does. We will soon be meeting each other; maybe in a more Healthier state both physically & mentally. So, I will share a Wheat Kulcha Recipe with you which help you to guard against Covid-19.
As I wrote in my last blogpost too, the best guard against Covid19 is eating healthy & keeping the immune system strong.
But of course, we need some restaurant-style food too to keep us happy along with Healthy !!
So, I am posting my Whole Wheat Kulcha recipe today which is simply super to have with your favourite curries, dals or Sabji ( vegetables ).
Kulcha is different from Naan because it doesn’t use yeast but uses baking powder & baking soda as a leavening agent. I have posted the Whole Wheat Kulcha but you can make this with Maida or all-purpose flour too as generally made in restaurants. But this a more healthy way of making the Kulcha as it uses Whole Wheat Flour & is way higher on nutrition.
The Wheat Kulcha Recipe
- 3 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cup yoghurt
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Ghee / Clarified Butter
- Water as needed
- Butter & Nigella seeds / Kalonji to garnish
- Mix all the above ingredients from 1 to 8 in a bowl.
- Add water to make a soft dough ( very important to make a good Kulcha ) & Keep aside for half an hour.
- Make 10 to 12 balls of the dough depending on the size you want of the Kulcha.
- Roll out into discs taking care that they are neither too thick nor too thin.
- Apply a little water on the top side & sprinkle some Kalonji / Nigella seeds.
- Roll on it once more so that the seeds stick well.
- Now put the top side of the Kulcha on the heated Tawa & cook for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Flip on the other & cook on a high flame till dark brown spots appear.
- Now cook the top side directly on the flame till it fluffs up & brown spots appear on it.
- Apply butter on the hot Kulcha & serve immediately.
This Whole Wheat Kulcha Recipe is great not only to have with any curries or daals but also have it plain with some yoghurt & pickle & it is simply delicious.
Hope you loved this Wheat Kulcha Recipe too !!
You may also like Kantola Recipe – Healthy Food for Covid-19
Be Happy & Thankful!