Valentine’s Day is coming up & like every year, I am posting my special Recipe for this day which signifies Love to everyone. Strawberry Walnut Swirls is one of the best Strawberry recipes which you can try on valentine’s day.
Strawberries have long been associated with Valentine’s as they too have been linked to romance & actually look like Mini Hearts. And who doesn’t like a luscious Strawberry?
In fact, I made a Strawberry Chocolate bouquet for one of my patrons to gift as a Valentine’s Day gift & she loved it.
Strawberry also has a lot of health benefits as mentioned in my earlier posts.
Today, I am sharing my Recipe of Strawberry Walnut Swirls which is a soft cookie, has a beautiful texture.
Serving these with Fresh Strawberries & Fresh Cream or cream cheese drizzled with Dark Chocolate adds the oomph factor to your Valentine’s Day !!
Here’s the Strawberry Recipe with Walnut Swirls
|1||Room temperature Butter||Half Cup|
|2||Castor sugar or 3/4 cup granulated white sugar||One cup|
|3||All-purpose flour / Maida||2 Cup|
|4||Baking powder||1 tsp|
|6||Vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|7||Strawberry jam||1/4 cup|
|8||finely chopped walnuts||3/4 Cup|
|9||Fresh Strawberries & Whipped Cream to|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 375°F.
- Combine the Flour & Baking powder… Sieve it well.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter & sugar until light & fluffy.
- Beat in the yoghurt & vanilla extract.
- Now add the sieved flour with the baking powder gradually to the mixture & mix well.
- Make a very soft dough of the above mixture & cut into two parts.
- Roll out each part in between two parchment paper & make it into a semi-thick square. Repeat with the other part of the mixture.
- Now Spread the Strawberry jam all over both the squares, sprinkle walnuts on both.
- Roll up each square tightly as shown in the picture.
- Wrap in a cling film or parchment paper & refrigerate for two hours or freeze for around 20 to 25 minutes until they are firm to touch.
- Unwrap the dough & cut the roll into thick slices with a strong thread as shown in the picture.
- Spread the slices on a baking tray & bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the edges have browned a little, check after 12 minutes to see how well they have browned as every oven temperature differs.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve with Fresh Strawberries & whipped cream & drizzled with some dark chocolate.
- Or simply Gorge on these beauties by just sprinkling some cinnamon powder as I do.
Have a Beautiful Valentine’s Day
Be Happy & Thankful !!