JANMASHTAMI and Navaratri
Celebrations begin for this Festival to rejoice the birth of LORD KRISHNA all over India with so much Faith & Love that is immeasurable.
Although I am not a very Religious & Ritualistic person, I have always been fascinated by the Stories of KRISHNA be it His Childhood or His part in MAHABHARATA.
Lord KRISHNA’S GEETA SAAR remains the guideline for my Life Journey through all its Ups & Downs !!
The GEETA SAAR says ” You came empty handed, You leave Empty-handed. What belonged to you today will be someone else’s tomorrow, so Dedicate Yourself to GOD always ”
Hence the Motto of my Life.
BE HAPPY & THANKFUL !!
Janmashtami and Navratri is the time when most of the people observe fasting during these times. There is a Navaratri special Food called the VRAT food which is consumed by everyone observing the fast. This is known as FARALI food in which grains predominantly are prohibited. SABUDANA ( Sago) Rajgira or the Amaranth flour, potatoes, peanuts, are used in a big way for these Fasting Days.
A lot of Dishes like the Sabudana Khichdi, Sabudana Vada, are famous & made all over to relish in the Fast.
One of my Favourite is the FARALI Sabudana puri which I love to have with the Farali BATATA Nu Shaak & this is the Recipe today for you to make on Janmashtami and Navaratri!!
For the Sabudana puri Recipe, you need
- A cup of presoaked Sabudana / Sago ( make sure they are well soaked )
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 cup Rajgira or Amaranth Flour
- 3 tablespoons coarsely ground peanuts
- 2 teaspoon of Chilli paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 Tbsp yoghurt
- Juice of one Lime
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Now form a dough.
- Make small balls and flatten the balls into a round disc with your hands.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry these round discs on a medium flame till they are Brown on both sides & cooked well.
- The FARALI SABUDANA PURI is ready to be served.
Serve this hot Sabudana puri with Farali Batata nu Shaak, Recipe on my YouTube channel.
Happy Janmashtami !!