KESAR PISTA MAWA MODAK
GANPATI BAPPA MORYA..
Our most Loved GANESHA arrives tomorrow at our Homes to Bless Us !!
Every year Millions of Indians wait for HIM to come to their house getting him with great Pomp & Pleasure.
Women generally prepare MODAKS for HIM as Modaks & Laddoos are his Favourite.
I too have prepared MODAK for my LORD who arrives tomorrow.
I love the different Creative ways in which this LORD is made with so much FAITH & my Home is full of Different types of GANPATI IDOLS. This one I picked up on my recent visit to Surat from a Vendor who had some Amazing Idols.
Mumbai streets are abuzz with sounds of Music & Crackers, people dancing on the streets while welcoming their Lord on his arrival every year. The Zest & Zeal with which Ganesha comes every year remains unmatched to any.
As mentioned earlier modaks & LADDOOS are supposed to be his favorite sweet & you can see crowds thronging at the Mithai ( Sweet ) Shops in huge numbers to buy these. These Sweets are usually offered in odd numbers to HIM like 5, 7, 11 ..
I am going to share a Very Quick Easy Recipe of KESAR PISTA MAWA MODAK which I make every year to celebrate HIS Homecoming.
I am sure you will love & prepare it too 😊😊
Recipe For the KESAR PISTA MAWA MODAK
- 2 cups Milk powder
- Coloured Sugar Beads
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp ghee / Clarified butter
- Few Strands of Saffron
- 2 tbsp chopped Pistachios
- Edible Gold powder
- Add the saffron in a little warm milk & keep aside till it gets a lovely yellow color & flavor.
- Heat Ghee in a pan.
- Add the milk.
- Add in the Milk powder & mix well.
- Add the rice flour.
- Stir everything well-taking care that no lumps remain.
- When it starts leaving the sides of the pan, add the sugar & the saffron milk.
- Now mix everything well together till it gets a paste consistency.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes stirring in between.
- Now take some Modak molds & fill the mixture in them ( you can also shape the Modaks with your hands as shown in the video below )
- Let it cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge & unmould the Modaks carefully taking care not to break them.
- Sprinkle some Edible Gold powder on the Modaks.
- Take some Coloured Sugar Beads & press on the top of the Modaks.
The Delicious & Beautiful KESAR PISTA MAWA MODAK are ready to offer to Lord Ganesha !!
Watch the Video Recipe on my YouTube channel too
Have a Great Time with our Favourite GANPATI BAPPA & be showered with HIS Blessings !!