Recipe for Paniyaram
First of all, my apologies to all as I am not being able to post as many recipes as I would like to but have got really busy with my newly opened Food Studio. But now settled with everything & started with my events so I can breathe easy. Will definitely be posting more often on my blog & also on YouTube. Here I will share the
A few days ago I posted a picture of the Instant Paniyarams that I made & I was flooded with messages asking me to post the Recipe. This is just my way of making these Healthy Paniyarams & would not in any way call them the traditional way as maybe a true South Indian would.
But this is a very Healthy Recipe which you can make instantly & serve your family especially kids. My nephew sometimes even has this with his favourite Sweet Chilli Sauce but that’s fine because he’s eating all the veggies that put into it. The recipe below does not include the veggies but feel free to add in grated carrots & grated Lauki or Bottle Gourd… They will not know they are eating their most hated veggies as with most kids. Just make sure you add a little less water if you are adding grated Dudhi/ Lauki/ Bottle Gourd as it has high water content.
An ideal Breakfast or a snack for any time of the day, these healthy Paniyarams make a great option when you want to cook something in a jiffy !!!
Here’s the Instant recipe for Paniyaram
|1||Rice Flour||1 Cup|
|2||Rawa/ Sooji/ Fine Semolina||1 Cup|
|4||Finely chopped onion||1|
|5||Chopped Green Chillies||3|
|6||Chopped Fresh Coriander Leaves||3 tbsp|
|7||Cumin Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|8||Baking Soda||1 tsp|
|9||Water||2 to 2 1/5|
|10||Ghee||brushing the sides|
Recipe for Paniyaram
- Mix the Rice Flour, Sooji/ Semolina, yoghurt very well.
- Add the water to get an Idli batter consistency ( you will need anything from 2 to 2 1/2 cups depending on the rice flour you are using ).
- Mix thoroughly taking care there are no lumps in the batter.
- Add in the chopped onion, chillies, coriander leaves, salt & mix again.
- Lastly, add in the baking soda & mix.
- Heat a Paniyaram plate.
- Brush ghee in every Paniyaram section.
- Add in the batter taking care not to overflow the Paniyaram section as we want a firm base.
- Put the lid on & Cook for around 3 minutes.
- Then turn the Paniyarams & cook the other side for 2 to 3 minutes again with the lid on.
- Remove from the pan, check whether done by putting a knife through one Paniyaram & if it comes out clean, it’s done.
- Serve hot with Coconut Chutney or any other of your favourite Chutney !!
- Make these as an appetizer for your party by simply sprinkling some Peri-Peri powder or an Italian Herb mix & see how your guests will love these…or Enjoy these Piping Hot in these Rainy Days.
Have a great Monsoon !!!
BE HAPPY & THANKFUL
Also, Check a few more Recipes,