Rajgira Puri NAVRATRI Special Recipe
NAVRATRI stands for the Victory of the GOOD over EVIL according to the RAMAYANA
A Festival deovoted to AMBA MAA in Gujarat & eagerly awaited by all especially for the Amazing Traditional Garba & Dandiya Raas Dance which is played in every street of Gujarat !!
Women dazzling in Mirror Work Colourful Chania Choli & Men in their Rang Birangi Kediyu ( made especially for these nine days ) these are a Fabulous Fun Filled Nine Days where even while fasting we Gujaratis love to EAT Delicious Food !!
There are innumerable Upvas / Vrat / Navratri Recipes or FastingFood Recipes which I have been making since my teens as I would observe fasting on these Nine Days of Navratri.
Rajgira / Amaranth has been a favourite grain of mine to use not only since it can be eaten in Navratri Food but because it is loaded with health benefits too, is gluten free & above all is a Super Indian Food for me.
My Favourite Navratri Food is the RAJGIRA PURI which is so delicious & can be made in several ways, i have already posted the Rajgira Sabudana Puri earlier which you can check here
This Rajgira Puri can be had with DahiAloo Sabji , the Recipe is on my YouTube channel or just plain with Yoghurt & Chutney or simply with Chai.
Here’s the Quick Easy Navratri Recipe for Rajgira Puri
Watch the Video Recipe here
Ingredients for Rajgira Puri
- 2 cups Rajgira / Amaranth flour
- 1 big Potato mashed
- 2 tsp Ghee / Clarified butter
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- Pinch of sugar ( optional )
- Water as required
- Mix all the ingredients except the ghee in a soft dough
- Add in the ghee & knead the dough well till it is smooth
- Make medium size balls of the dough
- Roll it out into a disc or just pat it into a disc with your fingers
- Take care that the disc is not very thin or the Puri won’t puff up
- Heat Ghee / Oil in a non stick pan
- When the oil is hot, only then put the puri in it & fry
- Once it puffs up on one side, turn it & fry the other side, don’t over brown the puri ( See the video)
- Fry all the Rajgira Puri in the same way
Serve Hot with DahiAloo Sabji !!
Happy NAVRATRI 🙏
Be Happy & Thankful !!