Multigrain Lettuce Pomegranate Sandwich
Hiii, recently I have been following Greek food as I love the simplicity of the cuisine so I thought of making a sandwich using their Tzatzki dip as a flavouring instead of using mayonnaise or butter which makes it a little fattening as also this is more healthy.
And then I saw these luscious pomegranates at my local fruit vendor and thought of making myself a different kind of sandwich using multigrain bread to add to the health count.
Ingredients for Pomegranate Sandwich :
- Multigrain bread slices grilled ( use any bread u prefer)
- 1 tomato deseeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper/capsicum deseeded and sliced ( optional)
- 1 pomegranate cut n deseeded well
- Few lettuce leaves washed n dipped in ice-cold water ( can also use rocket leaves, icebergs, kale)
- For the Tzatzki dip
- 1 cup greek yoghurt ( use hung curd if greek yoghurt not available)
- 1 cucumber grated and squeeze out the water
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Few drops of lemon juice
- salt n pepper to taste
- 2 tsp of dill leaves chopped finely ( Suva bhaji)
Method for Pomegranate Sandwich:
Mix all the ingredients for the dip together well.
Grill the multigrain bread or whatever bread you are using well.
Apply the dip generously on one slice, put a few lettuce leaves, then put the tomato slices, pepper slices if using n lastly add the pomegranate seeds, take another grilled bread slice, apply the Tzatzki and make it into a sandwich.
This is one of the easiest recipes I have shared but trust me it’s awesome, the combination of the Tzatzki n pomegranates tastes great so try it for yourself!
If You don’t find dill, you can use mint leaves. (pudina)
Hope you enjoy this zatpat healthy and yummy recipe!!!