CHUTNEY DAY!! by Rushina Ghildiyal for All of Us Foodies. I have pledged 3 to 5 Chutney Recipes. this is my Third Recipe which is Pomegranate Chutney. The Super Fruit having importance not only in Ayurveda, Naturopathy but also in every Food Science on Earth!!!
POMEGRANATE is known to be a Super Fruit because it is the healthiest fruit amongst all the fruits available… it contains a lot of benefits for your body and may also lower the risk of all sorts of diseases. it is known to reduce inflammation, to help fight cancer, lower the blood pressure and helps joint pain and arthritis, it also helps fight bacterial and fungal infections and improves memory… POMEGRANATE juice is especially known for its property of lowering Stomach acid and curing diarrhoea.
POMEGRANATE CHUTNEY is so delicious that you can actually use it in Chaats & make it Healthy. The use of Mint leaves, cumin seeds adds to the Health Benefits.
Ingredients for Pomegranate Chutney
- 2 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds/ jeera roasted
- 2 tbsp red chili paste ( Kashmiri chilies if possible) soak the chilies in hot water & then make a paste
- 1 TSP Rock salt
- 2 tbsp curds/yogurt ( can also use lemon juice)
Method for Pomegranate Chutney
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixer jar.
- Blend everything well together.
- Remove the Chutney in a bowl.
- Allow chilling in the refrigerator for sometime before serving.
Serve this Yummy & Healthy Chutney with Chaats, Snacks or anything that you prefer with. Since it is so Sweet & Sour it can have with Meals or at Snacktime.
You may also like Kokum Solkadhi Recipe
I love this Chutney with my Chatpatta Chaats.