Panjri Laddoo Recipe
A Festival which celebrates the birth of our Lord Krishna every year with the same faith and hope since centuries in Indian Homes.
It is celebrated in every state of India & although the rituals, customs & food may vary a little…. The Faith that most Indians have on KRISHNA is unbelievable. HE is the ultimate guide for our lives when we read the Bhagwad Gita & this Holy Book can actually give you so many solutions to your problems in everyday life.
Janmashtmi is celebrated by Cooking so many different varieties of food as it is believed that Lord Krishna took birth on this day. Farali Food or Fasting Food has always been cooked on this day which includes numerous dishes made with Sabudana/ Sago, Buckwheat, Dairy, Amaranth/Rajgira, Coconut & so on… This is our GlutenFree Food which we have been having since years before even the concept of the much hyped “GlutenFree” life has come in the recent times.
On this auspicious day of Janmashtmi different kinds of Prasad or Naived is offered to the Lord seeking his blessings. Panjri is one Prasad which I have been making since years to offer My Krishna & all the family and friends .
Panjri is a traditional Prasad which is made with coriander seeds not using any kind of flour. It is a very Healthy Delicious dish made especially in Gujarat as an offering on Janmashtmi.
Panjri is a Delicious Healthy Gluten Free Prasad which is made on Janmashtmi to offer Lord Krishna 🙏
It can be even made on regular days & eaten as it has a high level of Calcium & other vital vitamins for one’s health. It also aids in digestion & gives you energy. If you want to make it sugarfree, just add in a bit of Stevia ( although I prefer adding dates )
I have made the Panjri this time into Laddoos to make it more attractive especially for kids.
Here’s the Recipe for Panjri Laddoo on Janmashtmi
- 1 cup Roasted Coriander Seeds Powder ( Dhaniya Powder )
- 1 cup Roasted Makhana / Foxnut powder
- Half cup Cashewnut Powder
- 1 cup Roasted Almond Powder
- Half cup Powdered Sugar *
- 1/4 TSP Cardamom / Elaichi powder
- Half cup Ghee*
- Heat the Ghee in a pan
- Add the Coriander Seeds Powder & fry for just a minute
- Add the Makhana powder & cook for a minute again
- Add in the Cashewnut, Almond & Cardomom Powders
- Cook for a minute more
- Switch off the gas
- Now add in the Powdered Sugar
- Mix everything well together & make small Laddoos of the mixture
- Panjri Laddoos are ready to be served
Make these Delicious Healthy Panjri Laddoo this Janmashtmi & offer this Prasad to your family & friends.
Happy Janmashtmi 🙏
* Use Coconut sugar, Jaggery Powder, Stevia ..if you don’t want to add Sugar
* Use Coconut oil instead of Ghee if you don’t use dairy
Hope you liked this Recipe.. Have a blessed Janmashtmi !!
Be Happy & Thankful 🌹
You may also Like