Recipe for Paneer Upma
Writing a blog post after a really long time as was tied setting up my studio where I have my Food Events & Workshops. Today’s recipe is healthy and delicious Paneer Upma.
#EatHealthywithShital is a hashtag I started some days back on Instagram spontaneously when I was thinking about what should I make for myself after a series of binge eating from Diwali onwards.
Although I don’t follow any diet I make sure about my protein intake as being a vegetarian, it is obviously limited unless taken care of.
Recently whilst I was collaborating with a gym for curating Keto Low Carb Recipes for them, I had recommended this Paneer Upma to them & their patrons loved it.
Paneer or Cottage Cheese is God’s Gift to vegetarians and there are innumerable Delicious Dishes made from it. But I have used it to make my Meal more Healthy and Delicious of course.
Recipe for the Paneer Upma
|1||Paneer / Cottage Cheese||1/2 Kg|
|2||Carrots chopped fine||2|
|3||Green pepper chopped fine||1|
|6||Parboiled Peas||1 Cup|
|7||Grated Coconut||1/2 Cup|
|8||Chopped Fresh Coriander Leaves||1/2 Cup|
|9||Edible Oil||2 tsp|
|10||Udad Dal / Black Gram||1 tsp|
|11||Mustard Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|13||Asafoetida||As you want|
|15||Garam Masala||1 tsp|
Method for Paneer Upma
- Crumble the Paneer / Cottage Cheese finely.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the udad dal & mustard seeds, allow to splutter.
- Add the Asafoetida, curry leaves & chillies, let the chillies crackle.
- Sauté the chopped onions & tomato.
- Now add the chopped carrots, pepper & peas, cook for about 2 minutes on a high flame.
- Add the grated coconut, coriander leaves & salt to taste.
- Lastly, add in the crumbled Paneer / Cottage Cheese.
- Serve Piping Hot garnished with a fresh Green Chilli.
A Super Quick & Easy Dish to make for any meal of the day, this is also highly nutritive & adds the required zest to your health & taste.
Next #EatHealthywithShital Recipes coming soon !!!
Till then, Be Happy & Thankful