How to Make Onion Chutney
Happy New Year 2019
I am happy to say that my Initial New Year posts will be all the Recipes that have been requested for in 2018 but haven’t been able to post them. I have posted some in between but some are still pending so am going to finish all the requests before posting any other Recipe.
It makes me Ecstatic that my followers on Instagram & Facebook Page have started religiously following my Recipes & ask me for their favorite ones. There’s nothing like sharing your passion with foodies like yourself.
So, A Big Thankyou to Each & Every One of you who takes out the time to read my blog & follow my Recipes.
Today I am sharing an Onion Chutney Recipe which has been requested sometime back by my Instagram follower from the USA who wanted an Onion Chutney to be used on bread.
Onion Chutney is used widely in South India but this Recipe can be used as Chutney, a Sandwich Spread as well as in Main course gravies for that extra zing.
The Onion Chutney Recipe also uses Ingredients which are highly beneficial for health especially in the Winter Season as it imparts warmth to the body. A Much better option than the ready-made Chutney & Spreads !!
So here’s the Recipe for Onion Chutney
Ingredients for Onion Chutney
- 4 Red Onions Chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 dried red chilies ( or 2 teaspoons red chili powder )
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- Half tsp Kasuri methi / Dried Fenugreek Powder ( optional ) available in Indian stores
- 2 tbsp oil
- Half to 1 cup of water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil for frying
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add the onions, garlic & chilies
- Cook for 2 minutes
- Now add in coriander & cumin seeds, kasuri methi powder, oil, salt & cook for about a minute
- Allow to cool slightly
- Blend the mixture with water into a fine paste. ( Use water as per the consistency you want but I like it a little thick )
- The Delicious Onion Chutney is ready !!
As usual hope, you liked my Recipe.
Allie hope you especially liked it since it was your request.
Have a year ahead filled with Joy & Peace.
BE HAPPY & THANKFUL