Today I am sharing an Easy Quick Recipe of the Famous BHAVNAGARI MARCHA !! A Basic Chili Recipe from the Bhavnagar City of Gujarat.
These Green Chilies are very popular in Gujarat & made in many different ways. Usually not very spicy, They are used as an accompaniment or can be stuffed & fried to make Bhajiya. They can make these into a Delicious vegetable with some Roti or Parathas too.
The method of this chili recipe that I am going to be writing about is one of the simplest which can be even had in Faral ( fasting food ) or as a great side dish which never goes wrong & its made in a jiffy …
When you choose the Chilies to make sure they are the Fresh Green ones & not the wrinkled ones, should be firm & unbroken.
My Husband loves these Bhavnagari Chilies & I usually make them every week for him, I make it instantly for him but you can also make these & stores in a glass bottle, they stay fresh for quite some time.
So here’s the Simple Chili Recipe
- 7 to 8 fresh Bhavnagari Marcha or green chilies
- 1 tbsp oil
- Half teaspoon asafoetida
- Half teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp grated fresh coconut
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- First of all, Wash the Chilies & pat dry.
- Slit the Chilies lengthwise without cutting it open.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Furthermore, Add the asafoetida, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add the Chilies ( take care as they tend to splutter )
- Cook on a high flame for 2 minutes until they form a slight skin & brown spots ( don’t overcook )
- Serve them garnished with the Fresh Coconut & Coriander leaves !!
And finally, have these Piping Hot with Khichdi or Parathas or as an accompaniment in your Thali & it just spices up the Flavours of your food !!
Hope you enjoy this Simply Chili Recipe !!
BE HAPPY & THANKFUL !!