Hummus With Green Garlic & Bajri Pita
Winter Recipes… I go on and on posting about my Winter favorites and today I am adding a twist to the famous Hummus..
Green Garlic is a Fav with Most Indians & Hummus …a Lebanese Dish is loved Worldwide..Made with Chickpeas this is a Very Healthy & Delicious Dish loved globally..
Hummus has been given a lot of Twists so I also thought of giving it an Indian twist with our famous GREEN GARLIC and Bajri / Millet … Instead of pita we will use Bajri Roti which adds to the Health & Flavour..
This dish is full of Health as it has Chickpeas which by itself is a vegetarians protein delight, Green Garlic which is again full of nutrients and Bajri/ Millet which is a superfood by itself…..
So let’s get started with this super Recipe.
For the Hummus You need—-
- 2 cups boiled chickpeas
- Three fourth cup white sesame paste / Tahini paste
- Half cup thick yoghurt
- A bunch of green garlic
- Salt to taste
- Chili powder & Extra Virgin olive oil to garnish
- Grind the Chickpeas into a paste, I like it a little coarse
- Chop the white & green part of the green garlic separately
- Make a paste of the white portion of the green garlic
- Mix the Chickpea paste, sesame paste, yoghurt, white paste of the green garlic, salt well with a whisk..
Remove in a bowl and chill for some time…we don’t need cold just a little chilled
Bajri / Millet Roti–
- Take one cup Bajri / Millet flour, add water, salt and make a dough out of this
- Make small balls of this dough
- Roll it out into thick circles
- Cook on a tava or non stick pan on both the sides still brown spots appear & it is Cooked well
- Cool and cut into 2 or 4 pieces as preferred
Sprinkle the Red Chilli powder
Garnish with green garlic..
Serve with the Bajri Roti …
A Unique Flavourful Dish is ready to be served to your Loved ones…
This is a great way to make your Children eat Healthy & Delicious…I have used Bajri here but you can substitute it with even Ragi or Jowar / Sorghum…
Hope you Enjoy this Twist of Moi !!!