Gulab Dudhi Kheer – Fasting Food Recipe
Kheer with Gulab & Dudhi ??
No, I haven’t lost it…. Its a Fasting Recipe that you will love !!
Dudhi or bottle Gourd is one of the least liked vegetable but it is also not less than a Super Vegetable by itself having so many benefits that cannot even be counted. And this is one veggie that is widely used in Fasting food. The Fasting Recipes like Khichdi, Sabji all are made using this simple Vegetable because it cools your body temperature while fasting.
The other ingredient I have used in this Fasting Food Recipe is Gulab or Rose Petals which are again so beneficial to us in these Hot October Days as they too cool the body & also have numerous Health Benefits.
Now as usual my Quick Easy Fasting Food Recipe of this yummy GULAB DUDHI KHEER !!
Gulkand / Rose Petals Jam👆
- 1 litre Milk ( approximately 4 cups )
- 1/2 cup sugar ( can add more if you like it sweeter)
- 1 cup Dudhi / Bottle Gourd grated
- 2 tbsp Gulkand or Edible Rose Petals
- Few stands of Saffron ( optional )
- Almonds or Pistachios for garnish
- Boil the milk
- Add the sugar, Bottle Gourd, Saffron & boil on a medium flame for about 10 minutes till the bottle gourd has cooked very well
- Allow to cool
- Add in the Gulkand or Fresh Edible Rose Petals
- Keep in the Refrigerator to chill
Have it as Dessert recipe in your Fasting Days or even otherwise its a Healthy & Delicious KHEER .
Hope you are enjoying my Navratri Fasting Food Recipe ..if yes do let me know which other Recipes do you want me to post !!
Be Happy & Thankful