Benefits of Amla
I have shared many recipes with you all but the food is not meant to eat for meals alone, every food is it a vegetable or a fruit or a herb everything has its own properties which if used the right way has so many health benefits.
Today, I will be sharing some benefits of the Amla fruit ( Indian Gooseberry) which are so many that u can lose count, this fruit is highly used in our Ayurvedic n Naturopathy treatments.
This is the perfect season to get fresh Amlas as they are widely available in winters.
The Major benefits of Amala
- It is a great source of not only Vitamin C but also contains iron n calcium
- Consuming amla boosts your immune system, thereby reducing your common cold, allergies etc
- Reduces the sugar levels in diabetic patients especially the Type2 diabetes
- Contains a lot of fibre thereby reducing constipation related problems
- It protects the liver, so it can help in jaundice n other liver problems
- Excellent for glowing skin n hair growth n also prevention of grey hair
- It increases your Metabolic Rate as it can absorb protein faster, so you know what you can have when you want to lose weight, its great to burn belly fat
- It generally cools the body so it helps to purify your blood, preventing ulcers, improves eyesight , as also is wonderful for the general wellbeing of oneself
Making of Amla Juice
- 1/2 cup Amla chopped ( remove seed)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- A pinch of salt n pepper
- 1 1/2cup water
Pressure cook the chopped amla with the water up to one whistle, allow to cool, grind it in the blender n sieve, add sugar, salt n pepper.
You can even add brown sugar or palm sugar if u like!!
This is just a general article about Amla so pls Refer to a Medical authority if you are suffering from any ailments!!